martes, marzo 05, 2013

A Digital Story - CEP 800

In this story, I share a personal experience about learning another language.  Enjoy!
 
*If you have trouble viewing the above video, you may also access the video HERE.



**Disclaimer - I mention in the video that being director of a mission project is more dependent upon relationships than correct grammar, and that dealing with the personnel in the district office is aided by proper use of professional language. It is not my intention to state that a director can be unprofessional in his speech, nor that professional interactions must always be done using formal language. I also don't mean to imply that creating a positive work relationship is not an important factor in the professional world. However, in Bolivia, a country in which Americans are somewhat mistrusted and disliked, it was important for me to demonstrate competency in my role as principal of a Bolivian school. The ability to discuss educational topics in formal language was key to earning their trust and, over time, we were able to build a positive relationship between the government and the "school run by Americans."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario