domingo, abril 29, 2012

CEP 812 - Group Project



For our PD tutorial, we decided to teach others how to create a Mathcast using VoiceThread.  In order to create the final product, each of us recorded a screen cast of our part of the tutorial.  Rachel then used iMovie to mesh the parts into one video.  The additional slides were created using Keynote and added in iMovie.  We were originally planning to use Jing, but the free version did not allow us to save the video files in format compatible with iMovie.  Instead of Jing, we chose to use Screencast-O-Matic. 

I had never used Screencast-O-Matic, but I learned that it is an easy-to-use tool that opens up a world of possibilities in and out of the classroom.  If I ever do online teaching, I imagine it is something that will come in very handy.  That said, I also found that it was difficult to look at notes and manipulate what was happening on the screen at the same time.  I will need some more practice before it looks, sounds, and feels more natural.  I am also very thankful that my friend allowed me to use his desktop computer.  It would have been particularly difficult to record a screen cast on my little laptop.   

If I ever needed to do a project like this again, I would consider having just one person actually record the screencast to create a smoother final product.  It might also be useful to have more finished examples.  Another thing that could be included would be a link to written instructions that could be followed after watching the video.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario