jueves, abril 05, 2012

CEP812 - Web Conference



I met with my group members online using the platform Vyew.  Vyew is a internet-based, free web conferencing platform.  Online meetings are always interesting since they are completely dependent on the technology used.  And, as we all know, no matter how many successful trial runs we attempt, there are always little quirks when the “real” time comes.  This was no different.  Our microphones were very prone to feedback.  Even adjusting the settings and using earphones didn’t completely remedy the situation.  One of the three webcams didn’t want to function.  I’m hoping that we can work out these kinks to make the meeting more efficient next time around.  We mainly relied on typing in the chat area which was pretty effective.  We shared information via the main page.  Each of us used text boxes to add pertinent information to the page. We practiced sharing documents in the form of pictures.  This is something that we will be using more in our next meeting when we are sharing our storyboards with one another for the project.  Though I tried to find a way to “record” the conference (and I’m sure there is one), I never did see how to do it.  I resorted to doing video clips with Jing. 

I don’t currently teach, but I think that a program like this could be useful when I am conducting meetings with my friends and colleagues back in Bolivia.  If I am trying to introduce a new technology concept, I can see that screen sharing would be quite useful.  Rather than just trying to talk the person through what I am seeing, I can actually show them what I am seeing and using.



1 comentario:

  1. Being in a distant location from colleagues can be a bit trying when collaboration is needed. I agree that a product similar to Vyew would be a good choice. It is nice to see a face instead of just hearing a voice.

    ResponderEliminar